Our Exchange Programs and COVID-19
2021 is shaping up to be a better year for student exchange programs than 2020. We are hopeful that the borders will be open towards the end of the year and we are accepting applications for mid-late 2021 departures.
The SEANZ team remain focused for the future and are looking forward to sending and receiving students as soon as we can in 2021 so our students can continue with their dream of becoming an exchange student when the borders finally open again.
If you are planning to go on exchange in 2021-2022 and you want to reduce the price of your program, then we have some good news for you! The deadline for Scholarship and Early Bird Discount applications has been extended to Friday 30th April 2021 for our Standard Short, Semester & Year programs departing between October 2021 - March 2022.
Please reach out to our staff should you have any questions or would like more information on which programs are available.
More Information - FAQs
Can I still apply for a student exchange program?
Can I delay my program if the borders do not open before my selected departure date or I am worried about COVID-19?
Yes, you can.
Can I pause my payments until the program departure is confirmed?
Payments should be made in line with our Term and Conditions. Changes to the payment plan may compromise the program processing timeline. Please contact your program manager to discuss variation to your payment plan if your circumstances require.
If I choose to go on a shorter program, will my fees be reduced accordingly?
Yes, your fees will be adjusted to reflect the difference in pricing structure between programs and you will not be charged a change fee.
I am no longer comfortable to go to the country I originally chose - can I change programs and destinations?
You may have the opportunity to change your host country depending on the stage of your current application. Please contact your program manager to discuss what options are available to you.
If my program is deferred to later in 2021 or even 2022 could the program price increase?
No, the program price will stay the same unless flight prices increase considerably in the future, which could mean a flight surcharge will be applied.
What if I decide to cancel my student exchange application?
If you choose to withdraw your application, it will be as per the standard Fees, Cancellations and Refunds terms (available here) apply.
What if the borders are still closed when my program is due to depart and I do not want to defer my program?
If you choose to enrol on one of our outbound programs but you cannot travel due to DFAT travel bans and the borders being closed then you will only forfeit your $150 deposit and not $1500 as stated in our standard cancellations and refunds terms (available here). Plus you will receive the money refunded within 90 days. This is valid for all applicants who have enrolled in one of our programs after 1 January 2021. If you decide to cancel due to other reasons then the normal cancellation terms and conditions apply.
What if I get COVID-19 while I’m overseas?
Medical costs associated with COVID-19 will be covered by your insurance, included in our program fee.