USA High School Choice
USA High School Choice Programs
Explore your options
Students who are looking to go on exchange to the USA have the option to apply for a semester or academic year program and choose from a range of schools or school districts in the USA.
Students can also fully participate in athletics, clubs and other extra curricular activities whilst on exchange.
Our USA High School Choice program allows students to enter the USA on an F1 visa. In addition to choosing where they would like to study while on exchange, the F1 visa allows the applicant to attend school on a full academic program. This provides the opportunity to gain study credits and diplomas needed to attend a University in the USA.
With the F1 program you can customize your study abroad by choosing:
- Your destination
- A lifestyle you love – a school in a big city, near the beach, close to the mountains, warm weather all year round, in the heart of America and more!
- How long to study – international students can study at a US public school for a year, semester or even a short term program of 10-12 weeks!
- A school based on a sport you love or want to try
- A school based on a unique art program – like multimedia, acting, dance, journalism, architecture, music and more
- A school that allows you to earn a US high school diploma in one year
Students can choose one of the listed schools from the following states. Simply click on the state below to view the available schools;
More information and the application process
If you would like to find out more about our USA High School Choice Program, please complete our online enquiry form or contact a Program Manager on 1300 135 331 from Australia or 0800 440 079 from New Zealand to discuss your interest in this program.
Please note that:
- This program has a specific application form and application process.
- Our scholarships and discounts are not available for the USA High School Choice (F1) program.
Next available departures for USA
Year Program - departing August / September - Apply by 30 April
Semester Program - departing August / September - Apply by 30 April
Semester Program - departing January - Apply by 30 September
Short Program - Contact Us
Departure dates may vary depending on the choice of a school district. Application deadlines are open and flexible; please contact our office for more information.
High School Choice - How to Apply
- The easiest way to start your USA High School Choice application process is to download the USA High School Choice application form from our downloads page.
- Select up to three schools you would most like to attend. You have options!
- Participate in a selection interview with one of our local coordinators.
- Depending on your school of choice, you may be asked to complete further school specific documentation, and/or participate in a Skype interview.
- We will submit your application to our agency in the USA.
- Our overseas agency will then officially apply to your chosen schools on your behalf.
- If you’re accepted by the school, you will then be required to complete further enrolment documentation.
- We will send you information about your school and host family.
- Attend our departure orientation.
- Start your USA High School Choice experience!