Cancellation will only be accepted in writing and will be effective at the date received by Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd.
Provided all fees due up to the date of cancellation have been paid, refunds will be made in accordance with the following schedule:
- If a student is not accepted on to the program by Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd - Full refund
- If a student is not accepted by the overseas partner - Full refund
- If Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd cancels a program at any time prior to departure - Full refund
- If a student withdraws from the program:
- Before interview - Full refund
- After interview but before formal acceptance by Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd - Full refund less $150
- After formal acceptance by Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd :
- 75 days or more prior to scheduled departure - Full refund less $1500*
- Less than 75 days prior to scheduled departure - 50% of program fee
- Less than 14 days prior to scheduled departure - No refund
- Failure of student to depart on flight - No refund
- Student voluntarily leaves or is dismissed from program - No refund
- If a student has to return home after commencement of the program because of serious illness of the student or serious illness or death of a member of the immediate family $100 refund will be paid for each complete remaining month of the program.
Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to have the effect of contracting out of the provisions of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (if applicable).
Please note that you can defer your exchange program if DFAT travel bans are still in place at the time of your program departure date. Please check our FAQs and alternatives to consider should your program be delayed. The FAQs should hopefully answer any questions you may have. You can of course contact your Program Manager should you like to discuss anything further.
*If you choose to enrol on one of our outbound programs but you cannot travel due to DFAT travel bans and the borders being closed then you will only forfeit your $150 deposit and not $1500 as stated in our standard cancellations and refunds terms (above). Plus you will receive the money refunded within 90 days. This is valid for all applicants who have enrolled in one of our programs after 1 January 2021. If you decide to cancel due to other reasons then the normal cancellation terms and conditions apply.