Who hasn't heard of Amsterdam, the capital of culture, coffee houses and canals? Its mesmerising beauty is hard to overestimate, and yet a surfeit of stunning metropoles are only hours, or even minutes, away by train. The Netherlands borders on over-achievement. Its bucolic splendour of national parks and sheep-patrolled polders is perfectly complemented by shimmering lakes, sandy coastlines, and a chain of windswept islands. Best of all, it can all be seen from a bicycle seat.
I had what was no doubt “the experience of a lifetime”! I learnt Dutch to an almost fluent level, made many close friends and had the opportunity to travel to Norway, Sweden, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium and Spain. I spent my 18th birthday in Paris. The 5.5 months absolutely flew by. School was great. It gave me the opportunity to quickly learn Dutch, make friends and also to travel. My host family and I were a perfect match from day one.
Andrew Sward – Semester to The Netherlands
|Short Programs||Long Programs||Language Criteria||Immunisation||Gap Year||Online Video||Scholarships||Discounts|
|Short Programs✔||Long Programs✔||Language Criteria||Immunisation||Gap Year✔||Online Video||Scholarships✔||Discounts✔|
Next available departures for Netherlands
|Length||Departure||Fee||Application deadline||Early Bird deadline||Scholarship deadline|
|Length3 months||DepartureAug 2020||FeeAU $8550||Application deadline25/03/2020||Early Bird deadline31/10/2019|
|LengthSemester||DepartureAug 2020||FeeAU $10900||Application deadline25/03/2020||Early Bird deadline31/10/2019||Scholarship deadline31/10/2019|
|LengthAcademic Year||DepartureAug 2020||FeeAU $11900||Application deadline25/03/2020||Early Bird deadline31/10/2019||Scholarship deadline31/10/2019|
|Length2 months||DepartureAug 2020||FeeAU $8150||Application deadline25/03/2020||Early Bird deadline31/10/2019|
|Length2 months||DepartureOct 2020||FeeAU $8150||Application deadline11/07/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020|
|Length3 months||DepartureOct 2020||FeeAU $8550||Application deadline11/07/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020|
|Length2 months||DepartureNov 2020||FeeAU $8150||Application deadline11/08/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020|
|Length3 months||DepartureNov 2020||FeeAU $8550||Application deadline11/08/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020|
|LengthAcademic Year||DepartureJan 2021||FeeAU $11900||Application deadline11/10/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020||Scholarship deadline31/03/2020|
|LengthSemester||DepartureJan 2021||FeeAU $10900||Application deadline11/10/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020||Scholarship deadline31/03/2020|
|Length2 months||DepartureJan 2021||FeeAU $8150||Application deadline11/10/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020|
|Length3 months||DepartureJan 2021||FeeAU $8550||Application deadline11/10/2020||Early Bird deadline31/03/2020|
Important Program Information
Please note that
- In addition to the completed application form, applicants need to provide a photo of themselves without being recognisable i.e.: participating in an activity showing a profile shot only along with a short video of you, in which you tell a bit about yourself, it doesn't need to take long, just enough to get a good first impression of you.
- On arrival students will receive an Orientation - 6 days for long programs an d 4 days for short programs. For more information on the fun packed week contact our office.
- Students applying for the Semester and Year programs will have access to a bike free of charge for the entire program length.
- All students arriving in the Netherlands starting August 2019 will receive a free Museum Card. It will give students free access to every single Dutch museum, from the Van Gogh museum to the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, and from the Open air museum in Arnhem to the South Sea museum in Enkhuizen, during their entire exchange. Also included for the Summer School programs will be a 4 day/3 night orientation upon arrival, Full day Amsterdam sightseeing tour, Full day Dutch language training, Workshop Cultural Diversity, Meet your student day, Enrolment at a bilingual school (Dutch/English), Online Dutch course (Preparation and Beginners), I love High School Holland T-shirt, One national student event (excursion).
It's not too late to apply for a Scholarship or Early Bird Discount
Reduce the cost of your exchange program
If you are planning to go on exchange and want to reduce the price of your program, then we have some good news for you! The deadline for Scholarship & Early Bird Discount applications is Tuesday 31st March 2020 for our standard programs departing between October 2020 - March 2021.
If you are applying for one of our exchange programs the easiest way to get started is by completing your pre application form. You should allow yourself at least 3 weeks to complete all sections of your full application form.
Find an Info Session Near You
If you would like to find out more information on our programs, please come along to one of our free in person information evenings located in one of the cities listed below or attend a LIVE Online session.
- Come and meet our staff
- Hear comprehensive information on all aspects of exchange
- Listen to former exchange students talk about their experiences
- Ask questions
- Listen to questions asked by other students and parents
- Meet other students who are considering going on exchange
Information evenings run for about an hour and a half. They are friendly and free and are the best way for us to address your specific questions in person.