The midnight sun, the snowbound winters, meatballs, herring, Vikings and Volvos, ABBA and the Hives - whatever your pre-existing notions about Sweden may be, a visit to this multifaceted country is bound to both confirm and confound them. Though you’re unlikely to be greeted at the shore by throngs of mead-swilling berserkers in longships, evidence of the Vikings and their pillaging days is easy to find.
Going on Student exchange has introduced me to people from all over the world. In the five months I have been here I have made some good friends whom I feel I will remain in-contact with long after my exchange program finishes. It has also opened my eyes to the possibilities of different career paths and occupations overseas rather than what is just offered in my own country.
Charles Drinan – Year program to Sweden
|Short Programs||Long Programs||Language Criteria||Immunisation||Gap Year||Online Video||Scholarships||Discounts|
|Short Programs✔||Long Programs✔||Language Criteria||Immunisation||Gap Year✔||Online Video✔||Scholarships✔||Discounts✔|
Next available departures for Sweden
|Length||Departure||Fee||Application deadline||Early Bird deadline||Scholarship deadline|
|Length5 months||DepartureAug 2019||FeeAU $9300||Application deadline26/03/2019||Early Bird deadline31/10/2018||Scholarship deadline31/10/2018|
|Length10 months||DepartureAug 2019||FeeAU $10300||Application deadline26/03/2019||Early Bird deadline31/10/2018||Scholarship deadline31/10/2018|
|Length3 months||DepartureLate Oct 2019||FeeAU $7950||Application deadline18/07/2019||Early Bird deadline31/03/2019|
|Length2 months||DepartureLate Nov 2019||FeeAU $7550||Application deadline01/08/2019||Early Bird deadline31/03/2019|
|Length5 months||DepartureJan 2020||FeeAU $9300||Application deadline01/08/2019||Early Bird deadline31/03/2019||Scholarship deadline31/03/2019|
|Length10 months||DepartureJan 2020||FeeAU $10300||Application deadline01/08/2019||Early Bird deadline31/03/2019||Scholarship deadline31/03/2019|
Location & Snow Options
Pick your preferred location in Sweden
Students applying for Sweden have the option to pick either the metro or snow location they would like to live in during their exchange.
If applicants are successfully placed in one of their preferred locations, then an additional location fee will be applied to the normal program price.
Providing you meet our usual eligibility criteria, your placement on one of these limited spots will be confirmed when your application is received by our office, accepted and your deposit paid.
Location selection options are subject to availability and are not guaranteed. You can view the Location Options and applicable fees by clicking here or below.
Important Program Information
Please note that
- Students applying for Sweden must be at least 16 years of age, in the year of their arrival.
- Optional Program Extras are available. These include sightseeing trips. Please contact our office for further information.
- Arrival orientation held in Copenhagen at an additional cost for January and August arrivals.
- Included - Local orientation with the Coordinator after arrival into exchange location.
To be eligible for an exchange to Sweden you must be aged as detailed below.
- For August arrival: students must be 16-18 years old in the calendar year of commencement and if they turn 19 on the calendar year of arrival they are too old for our program.
- For January arrival: students must be 17-19 years old in the calendar year of commencement and if they turn 20 on the calendar year of arrival they are too old.