Canada High School Choice
Program Options and Pricing
Further information about the pricing structure is outlined below.
The full High School Choice Program cost is the combined total of the
- School and Accommodation Fee,
- Program Management Fee,
Each of the above items will be invoiced separately. Note that the School and Accommodation Fee will all be invoiced directly from Canada, in Canadian Dollars.
Pricing Terms & Conditions
Fees are accurate at the time of publication and are subject to change.
The School and Accommodation Fees
The School and Accommodation Fees will be invoiced to you directly from Canada. This invoice needs to be paid in Canadian Dollars.
The program fees vary depending on the district/school that a student chooses.
- Our administrative costs
- Return economy airfare with recognised airlines from your nearest capital city
- Travel to and from your host family
- Comprehensive medical, baggage, trip cancellation insurance & personal liability
- Application process and selection interview
- Assistance with your visa application (you must pay the visa application fee)
- Host family screening and selection
- Enrolment at your host school
- Pre-departure orientation and materials, including parent and student handbooks
- Access to 'My Exchange'- a personlised online resource and reporting centre packed with info to help you prepare and make the most of you’re your exchange
- Safety Card that lists contact details for our office staff, local coordinator, host family, regulating authority and overseas partner. These cards also contain the 24/7 emergency phone numbers.
- Arrival orientation and materials in your host country
- 24 hour emergency assistance
- Professional support throughout your time away as necessary and required
- Welcome home pack >
What’s not included
Passport and visa costs – individual students are responsible for the cost of passport and visa application. Details are available from our office.
Life’s Little Extras - while you are away, your host family will provide you with food and accommodation. However, you will need to take some extra spending money for some of life’s little extras.
Make sure you have enough for any purchases you may need including personal items, telephone bills, text books, school uniforms, gifts for family and friends and any optional excursions you may take during your time away. If you need assistance determining how much money to take with you, call us. Our staff will be able to help you.
If you would like to find out more about our Canada High School Choice Program, please complete our online enquiry form or contact a Program Manager at SEANZ on 1300 135 331 from Australia or 0800 440 079 from New Zealand to discuss your interest in this program.
Note that SEANZ reserves the right to make adjustments to Program Fees should circumstances beyond SEANZ's control warrant such a change. SEANZ also reserves the right to change or alter travel plans, program dates, program components or other arrangements including cancellations of programs or groups. Late applications may be considered. Some program destinations are subject to availability. Cancellation Penalties do apply.
***Students are provided with breakfast and dinner. Students may bring lunches from home to eat at school, but are otherwise responsible for buying their own school lunches if they prefer to eat from the school cafeteria.
****All students are picked up at the airport on arrival by their host family or a representative of our overseas partner.
What’s not included
- Fees charged by the school to all students such as locker fee, sports fees, school book costs, etc. Such fees are typically charged directly by school after program start
- Student spending money for personal purchases
- Purchase of lunch at school cafeteria >
The Program Management Fee
The Program Management Fee will be invoiced by Student Exchange Australia New Zealand and is billed in Australian/NZ Dollars. Items included in this fee include:
Payment Structure & Schedule
School and Accommodation Fees
100% of the School and Accommodation Fee (inc. Application and Insurance fee) will be invoiced when the school placement is completed.
Program Management Fees
- The A$500 deposit is due when the application is submitted to our office.
- 50% of the balance of the Program Management Fee (minus the A$500 deposit) is invoiced once the applicant is formally accepted onto the program.
- 50% of the Program Management Fee is invoiced when the student has been granted a visa, and before the final placement details are sent out.
Possible Additional Fees
Any additional fees will be invoiced to you directly from Canada, in Canadian Dollars.
Applicants can extend their program for a maximum of 4 years, depending on the school.
Cancellation will only be accepted in writing and will be effective at the date received by Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd. Provided all fees due up to the date of cancellation have been paid, refunds will be made in accordance with the following schedule:
- If a student is not accepted on to the program by Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd – Full refund
- If a student is not accepted by the overseas partner – Full refund
- If Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Ltd cancels a program at any time prior to departure – Full refund
- If a student withdraws from the program:
- Before interview – Full refund less A$250
- After interview but before formal acceptance – Full refund less A$500
- After formal acceptance:
- After application but before school acceptance is completed: 50% of the Program Management Fee is forfeited.
- After school acceptance has been completed: 50% of the Program Management Fee, 10% of the School and Accommodation Fee and the application fee is forfeited.
- After school acceptance when the full School and Accommodation Fee is paid but before arrival: 100% of the Program Management Fee and 50% of the School and Accommodation Fee is forfeited.
- Student cancels because he/she is denied a visa: 50% of the Program Management Fee is forfeited.
- After having arrived on program: Refunds are calculated on a case by case basis. A minimum of 100% of the Program Management Fee and 25% of the School and Accommodation Fee is forfeited.
- If a student has to return home after commencement of the program because of serious illness of the student or serious illness or death of a member of the immediate family A$100 refund will be paid for each complete remaining month of the program.
Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to have the effect of contracting out of the provisions of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (if applicable).